Start a new topic

[FIXED! Update 13-11-17] App Update 4.0.2 Causing Issues For iOS 9 Users

Affected Devices: iOS 9 and below

App Version: 4.0.2

Hi all,

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused if you've recently just updated our app on your iOS devices. 

The app update was intended to revamp the theme of the app, but unfortunately this had also caused it to stop functioning on devices with iOS 9 and below.

Note: Devices with iOS 10 and above are not affected by this issue.

Our tech team is now working on a fix and we'll update this post again once it's ready.

====================

[Update 13-11-17]

New app version 4.0.5 has just been released and it fixes the issues with the app failing / crashing on iOS 9 and below. If you were previously facing these issues, kindly remove the current version and download the new one from the App Store. For those that have installed the temporary app downgrade, you should be seeing an "update" available on the App Store which will automatically overwrite your current copy.

New update not working for you? Please email us at support@my-private-network.co.uk and our support team will get back to you as soon as possible and try to help.

====================

[Update 26-10-17]

Our tech team has temporarily pushed out a new update which limits iOS 9 and below users from downloading the newest version. For those affected by the app issue, kindly follow these steps to get the older version of MPN:

1) Delete the MPN app on your device. (it's important to first remove the app to avoid any other issues)

2) Search for the My Private Network VPN app on the App Store.

3) Tap on the "Get" or "Cloud" icon to re-download the app.

4) You'll receive a prompt to "Download an older version of this app". (see image below)

5) Tap on Download to begin the installation.

Note: Once it's installed, open the app and you should notice Harry the Dog greeting you on the app screen. 

====================

The new update above should work as intended whilst our tech team works on a permanent resolution to the issue. The steps below are for a manual IKEv2 VPN connection if the app still isn't working for you.

In the mean time, we suggest you to use our manual IKEv2 connection instead. Here are the steps below to get it started:

1) On your iOS device, open Settings and select VPN.

2) Click on Add VPN Configuration.

3) Select IKEv2.

4) Enter your VPN details as below:

In this example, we will enter the servername gbr.mypn.co to connect to our UK (GBR) servers.

Description: MPN GBR 

Server: gbr.mypn.co

Remote ID: gbr.mypn.co

Note: If you want to connect to any of our other servers, ie our USA servers, all you need to do is change the server and remote ID. For a detailed list of server names, please refer to our complete list of servers.

User Authentication : leave it default to Username

Username: Your My Private Network Username

Password: Your My Private Network Password

Proxy : Off

5) Double check that you have entered everything correctly and then click on Done.

6) To connect to our service, select the configuration that you have just created and turn on the VPN Connection by sliding the VPN ON/OFF button  on your device to the ON position.

7) Once you have connected successfully, the status will turn Green and states ConnectedIn addition, you will be see the VPN logo at top left of your iPad screen (or top right of your iPhone).

If you'd like some visual assistance with that, check out our IKEv2 Setup Guide for iOS article for more information.

Again, we're sincerely sorry for the huge inconvenience this may have caused you. If you're still having a hard time getting connected, please email us at support@my-private-network.co.uk and our support team will get back to you as soon as possible and try to help.

Login or Signup to post a comment