AirPlay Mirroring is a feature for Apple devices that enables you to cast your Apple device's screen to the TV via Apple TV. It is useful if you would like to view your device media content on a bigger screen.
In order to use AirPlay Mirroring with our service, you will need a 2nd or later generation Apple TV and an Apple device.
Please note that the AirPlay Mirroring is limited to newer devices in which consists of:
- iPhone 4s or later
- iPad 2 or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPod touch (5th Generation or later)
Please ensure that your Apple device is on the same WiFi network as the Apple TV. If your Apple TV is connected via Ethernet (Wired cable), please ensure that your Apple device is connected to the same network wirelessly.
If you're using an Apple device running on iOS 7 or later, please follow the steps below:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and you'll gain access to the Control Center
- Tap on AirPlay
- Tap on the Apple TV you wish to AirPlay to, and then tap on Mirroring. If you're using an iPad, you will have to scroll up in the device list to select Mirroring or other devices. Once Mirroring is enabled, your iOS device's screen will instantly be mirrored on your Apple TV.
If you're using an Apple device running on an older version of iOS, ie. iOS 6 and below, please follow the steps below:
- On your Apple device, double-press the Home button and your recently used apps will be displayed.
- Swipe the recently used apps twice (from left to right) until you see the AirPlay icon.
- Tap the AirPlay icon, and a list of available AirPlay devices will be displayed.
- To start the AirPlay Mirroring, select the name of your Apple TV and turn Mirroring On.
If you would like to cast the screen of the show that you're watching from apps like Hulu, BBC iPlayer and such, please follow the steps below:
1 - Setup your Apple device with our service according to the instructions in our website
2 - Follow the instructions above to mirror your Apple device screen to the Apple TV
3 - Play shows from the app you've chosen.
Do note that when you're mirroring a show on your Apple device, your Apple device will act as a remote for the show mirrored on your Apple TV and only the Apple TV is playing the show.
If you need further assistance or having issues getting the service to work on your device, please email us at email@example.com, and we will try our best to assist you in resolving the issue.