The instructions below were written for generic Android devices and should hold true for most Android devices on the market.
We do have a separate article written specifically for Samsung based Android devices, which can be found in the link below:
- Open your Settings menu
- Go to WiFi
- Press and hold your WiFi network and tap on Modify Network.
- Once it appears, it should show you two options:
i) Show Password
ii) Show advanced options
- Tap on the second option: Show advanced options.
- Look for an option called IP Settings. By default this should be on DHCP, tap that, and select Static. Now scroll down.
- You should now see your IP address, Gateway etc, fill in the fields with the required information.
8.Scroll down and you should see a DNS settings option.
9.Tap on that and enter the following DNS addresses:
DNS 1 : 22.214.171.124
DNS 2 : 126.96.36.199
10. Click Save and return to your home screen.
If you wish to set a custom DNS on a different device or system, please refer to our article here:
How to Set Google DNS on your device / system
If you have any problems or need further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you as soon as possible and try to help.