This page will guide you through to set up our Smart DNS service, MyTelly on an LG Smart TV.
We have not tested the service on the LG Smart TV ourselves, we know the service works based on feedback from customers who had tried it on their TV.
Note: While the Smart TV has an inbuilt web browser, we recommend that you use a computer to register your IP on our network. Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet from the TV before trying the steps below.
Step 1: Check the MyTelly settings on website
Login to our website, www.my-private-network.co.uk from your computer browser and you should be redirected to the My Subscription page.
Select the MyTelly tab on the left hand corner of the screen and click on Setup.
Take note of the fastest DNS servers address that appears on screen.
Step 2: MyTelly IP Registration on Network
Scroll down and click on Register This Address.
Note: This will register your IP address and also test your DNS setup and indicate whether you have changed the DNS settings correctly.
Please note that in this instance, since you are only changing the DNS settings on your Smart TV later and not on your computer / other device, the authentication page will return the following error:
Please do not worry about this message as our servers have already registered your IP address as per the screenshot above.
To learn more of the MyTelly errors, please refer to our article here: MyTelly errors - Your DNS setting is not configured correctly.
Note: You will not have to do it again unless your IP address changes. Also, any device on the same network will be able to use the service as long as you've set our DNS in their settings
Step 3: MyTelly Configuration on LG Smart TV
- Press the settings button on the remote to access the All Settings page.
- Click on Network.
- Select Wifi Connections if you are using Wi-Fi to connect or Wired Connection (Ethernet) if you are using cable.
- On Wi-Fi, select Advanced Wi-Fi Settings or Advanced Wired Settings if you are on cable.
- Uncheck Set Automatically.
- Select the DNS Server field.
- Type in one of the MyTelly address that you got from our site earlier.
- Click Connect to confirm the entry.
If you are on an older version of LG Smart TV and the above steps doesn't apply to you, please try the ones below:
- Press the Settings button on the remote.
- Navigate to Network and select Network Connection.
- Go to Network Settings.
- Press Start Connection.
- Select your wireless network, if you're using Wifi, and select "Other Network List".
- Scroll down and select the "Set Expert" button.
- Scroll down to the DNS Mode box.
- Select the Manual Tab
- Type in the DNS numbers that you got from our site earlier.
- Confirm the entry.
- Your TV will now test the connection.
- Press Complete to complete the setup.
Return to the TV home menu and if your IP is already registered and the DNS is set up correctly, you should be able to access the relevant Media Apps on the Smart TV.
Unfortunately it doesn't always go to plan!
If you have any problems or can’t get connected, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible and try to help.